Your Debt Defense Attorney in Jacksonville, FL
Fight Back Against Debt Collectors
- Calls at an unusual time such as before 8:00 a.m. and after 9:00 p.m.
- Unauthorized communications to consumers represented by attorney
- Calls at work
- Collection calls to third parties, such as spouses, roommates and friends without consent
- Use the threat of use of violence or other criminal means to harm the physical person, reputation, or property of any person
- Use obscene or profane language or language the natural consequence of which is to abuse the hearer or reader.
- Excessively calling telephone to ring or engaging any person in telephone conversation repeatedly or continuously with intent to annoy, abuse, or harass any person at the called number.
- The representation or implication that nonpayment of any debt will result in the arrest or imprisonment of any person or the seizure, garnishment, attachment, or sale of any property or wages of any person unless such action is lawful, and the debt collector or creditor intends to take such action.
- The threat to take any action that cannot legally be taken or that is not intended to be taken.
- Misrepresenting the name and identity of the debt collector’s business, company, or organization.
- Falsely represent of the character, amount, or legal status of any debt
- Falsely represent that nonpayment of any debt will result in arrest, imprisonment, garnishment of wages
What to Do if You Are Being Harassed By A Debt Collector, Bank, or Mortgage Servicer?
- Keep a call log with the date, time and person you spoke with for all calls to and from your bank or mortgage servicer
- Save voicemails and messages
- Save all documents and emails related to the debt
Offering Legal Solutions to Your Debt Problems
- Prevent Property Repossession
- Contest Foreclosure
- Stop Collection Lawsuits & Judgments
- End Wage Garnishments
- Eliminate Credit Card & Other Debt
- Reduce or Eliminate Medical Debt